Re: Steam Rail in/around Sydney

"Scott" <yeah_right@hahahhahah.com> wrote:

> Moved to Sydney last year and am looking for some recommendations on where I
> can go to see/ride any steam driven trains in/around Sydney.

As well as some of the lines already mentioned, the Richmond Vale
Railway runs a standard gauge steam hauled (subject to firebans)
services between Richmond Vale and Pelaw Main on the first three
Sundays of each month.  Its about a 1.75 hour drive, mostly under good
freeway conditions, from Central Sydney.

I don't know how many steam locos they have available, but last Sunday
they were using a South Maitland Railways tank loco to haul a train
consisting of three stainless steel ex-intercity electric trailer cars
and a guards van.

Cheers,

Bill