Re: Our nearby neighbours in NZ....

"David McLoughlin" <davemclNOSPAM@iprolink.co.nz> wrote in message
3A074089.7833@iprolink.co.nz">news:3A074089.7833@iprolink.co.nz...
> Paul Nicholson wrote:
>
> > Are the former British carriages in service? I saw one in Wellington
yards
> > when I was there in March 1999.
>
> I haven't seen any running, but then I only get down to Wellington every
> couple of months.

8 of the 9 of them visited Auckland on Sunday 29/10 as part of a special
from Wellington. They were returned with the Day service on the Sunday to
Wellington in the consist of the Overlander. As ther is no suburban service
in Auckland on a Sunday, I couldn't get them and the Perth Railcars in the
same shot :(

Tony.