Re: Report on 3AW "Rumour File" (more information)

In article <3a07df1f@grissom>,
  "Goldie" <goldicom@powerup.com.au> wrote:

> I once received a phone call from him about an aviation matter.  When
I rang
> his Sydney office back later in the day they knew nothing of the
original
> call - he was in London!  Didn't let on about that when he was
talking, and
> certainly didn't hurry his conversation - and I know I was only one
of many
> who got similar calls that day.

Mind you, with calls to Oz from the UK costing just 5p a minute from
land-lines, and 10p a minute from mobiles (depending on which telecomm
you use), talk is cheap.  Certainly cheaper on a per minute basis than
travelling on either the Heathrow Express [14 quid for 15 mins] or the
Sydney Central to airport run [10 bucks for 10 mins].  An irrelevant
comparison but on topic at least.

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.