Re: Previous Happenings

Actually, no, total fire bans ban the lighting of any combustible material
at all, at least in NSW and Victoria (the 2 states where I am or have been a
firefighter).  Enclosed fires would mean incinerators are allowed, and they
are not (hence the name TOTAL fire ban).  There's also a few others things
that are barred, such as oxy sets, welders and grinders.  Hence my original
question: how were coal fired trains allowed to run in conditions such as
that?

8ub2lo$p9i$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au">news:8ub2lo$p9i$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au...
8uarh7$too$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8uarh7$too$1@nnrp1.deja.com...