Re: More electrification

Alex Pout wrote:

> Would it be worthwhile for QR to look at electrifying out to Toowoomba, and
> further??

Off the top of my head, no. While the cost of diesel fuel remains
relatively low, it wouldn't be any significant gain electrifying the
current curvy alignment. A whole new electrified alignment is a
different matter altogether.

On a congruent theme, I hope that QR keeps the current alignment when
the inevitable new dual gauge alignment eventually comes around. It
would be a crime to let the Toowoomba line be forgotten!

--
Rob K