Re: Master train plan Vline

Mark <mra1968@iaa.com.au> wrote in message
news:VE9Z4.29$NY3.1782890@news.interact.net.au...

> I remember years ago i had access to a master train plan which outlined
all
> planned freight movements for vline freight etc.
> great for train spotting etc.
> does anyone know if this is still in use and or avail online
> any reply appreciated

Once upon a time there was the WTT (Working Timetable).  Then it became the
MTP (Master Train Plan).  And then it became the NSP (Network Service Plan).

Alas AFAIK a Freight NSP as such no longer exists.  Freight Timetables over
the Freight Victoria network are maintained on the RAMS computer system,
along with passenger timetables.  TT's are printed out as required.  AFAIK
the Passenger NSP (Network Service Plan) has been reprinted relatively
recently, with fairly limited distribution.  (Your organisation needs
copies?... here have 1 copy & photocopy the rest yourself...).

TT's for Freight these days are considered Commercial in Confidence.

But, if you look at http://www.alphalink.com.au/~darrenw/S_Circ.html you
might just see a handful of Freight 'S' circulars, & RAMS printouts.

If you need times for Special Trains, http://wwww.railpage.org.au/steam4me
usually has times for various choo choo's etc...

http://www.railpage.org.au/ghaploop/ has a list of trains that has passed
through Gheringhap, giving you an idea of what is usually around on the
Western SG.

http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig/special &
http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig/wtt have got certain information about
moves in the metro area.

P.S. the date on your computer is about a month slow...

--
HXP1
(now with v6.08 software)