Re: Steam builds for Alice to Darwin rail link

The previous federal labor government rejected the AS
to DAR line on a number of occasions because it would
never pay for itself, they were right.  Even if it
became a land bridge, there would need to be a huge
number of trains per day.  Just watch after the line is
built, it will be flogged back to the tax payers for a
profit to the consortium.

The iron ore bit is just a fanciful piece of fishing in
murky waters.  The infrastructure costs of setting up
an isolated mine and NEW loader facilities in Darwin
would not only be prohibitive but sheer lunacy.
The iron ore giants in the Pilbara who are at each
others throats in a highly competitive industry would
cut this to pieces on tonnage and price with the worlds
richest iron ore.!

And if any aus.rail expert mentions the old Darwin iron
ore loader and how it could be used, I will scream.
This thing is no longer accesable by rail, was only
good for narrow gauge trains and could not handle in 24
hours what a Pilbara loader would handle in one hour.

....Tell