Re: [NSW] T4251

When the chopper sets were introduced, the doors were opened by the
passengers pussing a button on the door (only on one of the pair). The
chime was to used to indicate that the doors had been released by the
guard.

There was also a visual display of moving leds on the exterior
consisting of <> characters which moved from centre to edge to indicate
doors could be opened and >< characters moving from edge to centre when
closing.

Like Tangarra, most Sydney people did not seem capable to grasp the 'new
technology' and press the button to exit/enter the train - mind the
railways did not do much to educate them either!

Peter