Re: [NSW]--The speed of a train---Pantographs

Pantograph bounce is a non-issue, or certainly less of a problem, from my
experience where high quality pantograph suspension is provided immediately
below the pans.  The original airmate pantographs on Sydney's DD cars used
steel springs that were loop shaped.  The more recent variant is pneumatic
(am I right on this?) and the suspension cylinders are clearly visible.  The
pantographs seem to have minimal bounce problems at speed whereas the older
version was shocking.

Chris

Pine.SOL.4.02A.10005232154570.1584-100000@wumpus.its.uow.edu.au">news:Pine.SOL.4.02A.10005232154570.1584-100000@wumpus.its.uow.edu.au...