Re: [Insert other state here] Airport lines

> I think Professor Peter Newman, of Murdoch Uni., the mover and shaker
> behind the Northern Suburbs Railway in Perth, has suggested ideas for
> a light rail connection to Perth Airport; you would have to contact
> him about this, as I am unsure of the details.  I understand it would
> involve sharing the rail bridge @ East Perth with Westrail....catenary
> power would need to be the same?...namely 25Kv.

Interesting.

No disrespect to the good Professor, but from what I've read of his
stuff, he seems to have a bit of a fetish for light rail.

I'd be more inclined to suggest heavy rail using the east perth bridge
and then perhaps going underground for some of the way. Or perhaps it
could use that new freeway (which I have only the vaguest of notions
where exactly it goes apart from in the right general direction of the
airport). Take out a lane each way and stick a spur line in.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.