[NSW] On time running: a bad week for CityRail

* The last train I have been on that has run on time was last Friday. All of this week I have been
constantly been bombarded with announcements by station staff/DVA "the next train is running X
minutes late", or "the next train to arrive platform 3 will now depart from platform 1" and the
like.

* All around the inner west lines there has been chaos as commuters are directed from one platform
to another, and constant frustration as announcements are made to say the stopping pattern has been
altered (hence known as a "cancellation" to those stations skipped) and that the train is running
some 10 minutes late.

* From my observations this week the only line that could manage a relatively stable timing is the
Main North, if it doesn't get delayed at the City, North Shore, or inner west suburban line.

* There also have been a few mishaps...Redfern (signal?) failure on Tuesday 23rd, Strathfield (8am)
24th and Granville fatality 22nd.

This has not been a good week for me either. At the rate things are going, I have great doubts about
CityRail being able to deliver the olympic timetable.