Re: Griffith Xplorer?

>Chris Brownbill <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> wrote in message
>| Does anyone know if this has this started running or was everyone at the
>| airport?  Wasn't it due to make its first return run this weekend?

This is a little confusing...

The Explorer fleet consists of 21 cars, organised broadly as seven three-car
sets marshalled EA-EB-EC.  Prior to the Griffith complications, the sets
were two Canberra sets marshalled EA-EB-EC, two Armidale sets marshalled
EA-EB-EB-EC, two Moree sets marshalled EA-EC, and a spare EA-EB-EC.

I thought that the Griffith service would be EA-EC ... 2/3 of the spare set.

I had heard a rumour that, if cars were short, Saturday's NP23 would be
something like EA-EB-EB-EB-EC, Saturday's NP24A would terminate at Werris
Creek and form NP23A back to Moree, and thus Griffith would "borrow" Moree's
cars for the weekend.  (And further improvisation involving Endeavour cars
possible ... remember some of the 620/720 + DEB improvisations on the
Canberra / Monaro ca. 1981??)

So, riding past Eveleigh around 14:30 on Saturday 20th, I looked out for the
sole spare Explorer car.  What was visible was THREE intermediate EB cars
and one EA or EC terminal car. If the timetable expected one spare car and I
saw four, something must have been cancelled or truncated!

Rgds