Re: [Qld/WA] QR SMU go to Transperth??

In article <8F3A5FBA1telstraNews@139.130.239.94>, mk@netstra.com.au
(Michael Kurkowski) wrote:
> thalytgvNOthSPAM@hotmail.com.invalid (James C.) wrote in
> <022e7c2c.99ec61e4@usw-ex0106-048.remarq.com>:
> >A rumor TransPerth will order more EMUs from Walker, but for the
> short
> >periond before the new EMUs delivery , TransPerth would hire some
> SMUs
> >from Citytrain. And QR citytrain would use the rents to buy more
> SMUs
> >in the future as currently Citytrain still don't have enough
> >rollingstocks to give reasonal service level.
> Does this mean we get to see QR sparks run through Melbourne on
> the
> Victorian Narrow (or NSW Standard, or QLD Broad) guage?? (: Goody!
> Michael

If they attach to Bizzy-Sydney freight+Sydney-Adelaide freight you
might get to see QR spark.....I wish Hillside/Bayside CEO can get to
see them also, I reckon SMU2 is the best suburban rollingstock
currently in use. Comfortable seats(Unlike Tangara)fully carpet, with
huge panorama windows and seats are adjust to windown position(unlike
Comeng) and of course airconditioning, and are the most quiet suburban
train I ever known. I hope our Siemens EMUS and Alstom EMUs coming up
would be just as good.

Transperth borrowed some SX during American cup few years back, this
won't be the 1st time QR rollingstock run on WA tracks, I was wondering
if Transperth can handle a 6 carriage SMU2 set instead of the usual 4
carriages set?

Cheers
James