Re: Driving Trains @ Victorian Museum Question

Eric Cartman <erk_cartman_RESPECT_MY_AUTHORITAH@yahoo.com> said:

>I seem to recall a Tourist Railway down there that offers a weekend
>package where they show you how to operate a train on their line (steam
>or DERM) and you get to drive it. Can anyone tell me which museum this
>was and if this package is still available?

Eric,

South Gippsland Railway offered this service. Their website is at
http://www.sgr.org.au - There are no steam locos down there at the moment,
and their Redhens/Superchooks are scattered between Melbourne and Bendigo
at the moment. They have a SuperDERM (Victorian rebuilt DERM) a Y class,
and a very droolworthy flat-top T class (-:

Regards

Michael