Re: US capital for National Express

On Thu, 18 May 2000 03:10:06 GMT, James C. <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote,
and I selectively quote:

>I remembered Freight Australia was looking for a financial partner within
>Australia earlier last year but they can't manage to find one because
>most of the financial companies reckons FA won't be around for a long
>time and would most likely bankruppted soon. The CEO of FA expressed
>disappontments how narrow mind most local finacial companies are........

IIRC, ATN, miffed that their $136 million bid failed against FV's $163
million bid, produced a press release right in the middle of FV's
fundraising attempts saying that they nevertheless intended to be a force
in Victorian rail transport even though they didn't win control of VLF and
were looking to a $20 million revenue stream in their first year of
operations in the State.  I recall that Mr Van Onselen was quoted as saying
that the press release was "unhelpful".

There was an OT discussion of this on ausloco at the time, but the railpage
archives don't go back far enough (and that was a couple of hard disks ago
on my system);  anyone still have that thread?

Yuri