Re: [Vic] Oakliegh-Dandenong 3rd track Prognosis

In article <39200869_2@news.chariot.net.au>,
  "Mike Hunt" <grimegrime@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Does any body know if this idea which I read about earlier  this year
in the
> press is actually to see the light of day?
Yes:-)

> I noticed there was talk of "Flyers" in the Vic. budget wash up but I
am not
> sure what the meaning of this is in newspaper terms.
> Any guidance on this would be appreciated.
> Mike
It was included in this year's state budget. IIRC 70m$ will allocated
to suburban rail system. Possibly Flyer trains(Express trains) would
run all day instead of just peak hours, which would be an excellent
idea and made trains mroe competitive to cars during the day .
Franckston/Lilydale and Belgrave line will also introduce something
similar, in fact Ringwood-Camberweel already have off peak hours
shopper express which stops primere stations only. (if I'm talking
about the other line within the same city is this thread hijack as
well???)

--
Cheers

James