Re: [Vic] Freight return to Cold stream??

Brad McArthur <bmcarthur@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
391fc2d5.1386951@news.ozemail.com.au">news:391fc2d5.1386951@news.ozemail.com.au...
> On Sun, 14 May 2000 09:41:35 GMT, James C. <james_ccj@my-deja.com>
> wrote:

> | A rumor FA won contract to haul log from Coldstream, which means it's
> |possible to see freight trains on Lylidale line agin, anymore
> |information about this train? the timetable??

> Many replies to this thread, but the basic question has not been
> answered yet.  Is there going to be a Coldstream freight?

Although I don't know the answer, I have my doubts that there would be a
path on the single line between Mooroolbark & Lilydale during the day.  Run
the train during the night & there are stabled sparks in sidings & angry
NIMBY's to worry about.

Compared to the measly track access charges Hillside would get from FA,
compared to the PSR risk from tired old T classes struggling up 1 in 30
grades, I have my doubts Hillside would welcome FA with open arms.

I doubt FA would force the issue of compulsory 3rd party open access,
especially when they are openly critical of FA themselves being subject to
exactly the same thing in the country network.  When talking on the subject
at a recent ARHS meeting Marinus made a crack about 'being forced to provide
a bungalow out the back for your wife & another man', BUT, it's the same
process that has allowed FA to gain new traffic in NSW......

I'm still waiting for the Koala Siding traffic. |-)

--
HXP1
(now with v6.08 software)