Re: [Vic] Redhen transfer this wednesday night

In article <8fnip9$epf$2@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>,
  cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au (Christopher_Martin GORDON) wrote:
> :  Can anyone recommand me a good place to see Redhen transfer in
> : Melbourne on Wednesday night??? for someone without a safety vest
and
> : wish to see the train without breaking the rules.
>
> : PS: prefer to be somewhere near SG so I can see Ghan also:-)
>
> Since the train doesn't leave Bendigo till 1900 then it will be about
2130 in
> Melbourne.
>
> If you want to see the Ghan I would suggest Middle Footscray.
> (But does one want to go to Footscray at night?)
Unless you are a drugie, undercover police officer:-)

> Otherwise St.Albans would be a good place, might see a couple goods
trains
> heading out of Melbourne too.
>
> If anyone finds out when these Redhens start trials on the Stony Point
line
> (rumored for later this week, either Thursday or Friday) please let us
know.
I though they are to be use on tourist service?? Redhen need some
upgrade before enter regular service due to their lower speed, less
comfortable seats compared with most V/line rolling stock plus no
airconditioning.

--
Cheers

James