Re: Freight wagons from China

> Been into Kmart or BigW lately.?  Take out all of the
> goods with labels MADE IN <> "China/Taiwan/Japan"
> "Singapore/Malaysia/Philipines" and 96 percent of their
> stock would disappear off their shelves.!!
hmmm I wonder if I go to Chian/Taiwan/Singapore would I see stuff made
in Australia???

> AND if you happen to drive ANYTHING other than a
> Commodore, Falcon, Magna, Camry then you are driving
> something which was made overseas like those freight
> wagons you mentioned. :)
Ford Festiva??:-)

> Point is, if you are happy as a consumer with the above
> and buy the overseas product, why should railway gear
> be exclusively, made in Oz.?
>
> ....Tell
Anyway AFAIK there are 3 companies ordered freight carriages lately:

QR, CFCL, National Rail,  could be any one of them ordered from China .

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/