Re: SRA/Countrylink Outback Explorer

> Managament never did want to run the train; it was a political
dictate at
> the time.
Just like in the early 90s when Countrylink scrapped the popular
sleeper trains to Brisbane/Murwillmbah and replaced Melbourne-Sydney
Express with XPT.

And V/line replaced some train services with coaches, QR withdraw
Capricornian.

> Any spurious excuse will do.
>
> In Melbourne, a manager stated that daily tickets could not be sold
on trams
> because a larger machine would be needed.  Even my octagenarian
neighbour
> could see that they were the same size as the coin-only machines on
station
> platforms.
Country link comments on people who use Pacific Coast motorail from
Coffs Harbour/Grafton to Byron bay: They just taking advantage of spare
seats!!

If the aim of running a train service is not letting passengers use the
seats what is the purpose of train service then???

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/