Re: Sydney Airport open day/railway opening

On Sun, 07 May 2000 11:19:06 GMT, "Dave Proctor"
<daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>Several reports I have seen of the Sydney Airport open day on 21 May are
>advising visitors to the open day to catch the train to the airport, as
>there will be limited free parking (they do not mention that airport parking
>is exorbitantly priced, but I suppose that goes without saying).
>
>They also mention that the area where the aircraft will be open for
>inspection is a short walk from the domestic terminal station, the
>implication being to catch the train.
>
>BUT, I have also seen reports [some in aus.rail, one in the Telegraph (so it
>HAS to be wrong)] that the first train to carry passengers will not be until
>1900 on the 21st. This will be clearly impossible to go to the open day on
>the train.

  That was in an add from the operating company so I would assume they
know what they are talking about. As for the open day it would make it
interesting if you tried as they suggested to catch a train there!
 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright