Re: Sydney Airport Open Day 21 May

Hi Dave,
            Good point about the railway, and yes it does mention on the
YSSY website that it will coincide with the opening of the rail links. It
does mention that the Open Day is only a short walk from the railway
station, so I presume that if you go to the Open Day, you can look at the
stations too. Why not leave the car at home, catch a train and see it all at
once?

Nigel

P.S. Funds raised on the day will be donated to the Oncology Children's
Foundation....not my retirement fund. So it is worthwhile paying the entry
fee. Only $10 per family.Or  Adults $5, Children $2, Pensioners $2, and kids
under 5 are free.

Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
RZyP4.1248$wX6.712883@news0.optus.net.au">news:RZyP4.1248$wX6.712883@news0.optus.net.au...
> (cross-post to aus.rail added)
>
> Coincidentally, this is the day that the "New Southern Railway" from
Central
> to Turrella via the Airport opens. I wonder if the open day activities
will
> include inspections of the new railway stations (Sydney will then be the
> only airport in Australia to be directly serviced by rail - but only for a
> short period until Brisbane gets its link).
>
> Dave
>
> "RNC" <nospam4me_coghlan@speedlink.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >         YSSY will be hosting an open day on the 21 May. Aircraft listed
> for
> > display hopefully include Impulse 717-200, Emirates A330-200, and
Kendell