Re: QR tilt train

In article <390D84C4.17EB4FBA@ozemail.com.au>,
  James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> chris@enet21.com.au wrote:
>
> > QR are full of crap.
I woulnd't say that....to break tradition of been the slowest system
and move into high speed world,impressive tecnology and infranstructure
putting Australian railway on the map. They deserve some credit:-)

> > I believe JR's narrow gauge passenger trains can travel up to
160km/hr in
> > normal service.
There are quite a few.....some are tilt, some aren't.
After a few days searching(with tired eyes,and a Japanese dictionary) I
found 5 trains having average speed of more then 100kph, there might be
more, I haven't check Taiwan and South Africa yet.

I'm still not sure about all 5 train's top speed, but I know JR
Hokaido's DMU tilt train and JR Shikoku's EMU tilt train both can run
at speed of 160kph. The former having an average speed of 110kph.

> The Tilt Train travels at 160km/h in normal service.
Actaully 170 kph is allow for QR tilt train, maybe there aren't any
narrow gauge EMU tilt trains that can run at the speed more then
160kph, this maybe why QR claim the title.

Cheers
James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.