Re: Geelong passenger terminal

Hi,

Steven Hurst wrote:

> There were plans to build a new station at North Shore some years ago,
> perhaps that is what they are doing, but I would think it would cost in
> excess of 1 million for that project...

To build a new station at North Shore would be a collossal waste of perfectly
good $$$.  They spent biggish bikkies building a nice big carpark
there....I've never seen more than _3_ cars parked there!

On a more likely note, a new terminal at Grovedale is being considered.
Geelong's population has spread significantly in this direction, and given
South Geelong's operational limitations, it would be good to abolish Sth
Geelong (as a terminal I mean - retain it as a passenger platform only) and
build a new station out at Grovedale, with the ability to runaround, cross and
stable trains.

Cheers,
CH.
--