Re: Daytime Overland

> Su,Mo
> Th,Fr
> Adelaide 9.00
> Melbourne 19.45
>
> Melbourne 21.30
> Adelaide 7.40
>
> This guarentees it will be a dismal failure, possibly a deliberate
move on
> the part of GSR to can the Overland for good.
Overland lost far too much money since GSR started up. GSR didn't
recieve any subsidy at the beginning to save its passenger service nor
enough money to promot the service. Plus the recent accidents with IP
give the company bad impression. I don't think they would kill Overland
at all, if they want to do so they wouldn't ask for subsidies in the
1st place. Should V/line cancelled its Daylink service in order to
boost this service??

>Even the slightest late
> running ex-Adelaide will miss the XPT in Melbourne. It's also useless
for
> weekend football traffic from Adelaide to Melbourne.
This timing would use only 1 set rather then 2, thou cut costs. Maybe
they should have some sort of "gurantee connection" deal with Country
Link?

--
Cheers
James