Re: First line closure in Victoria

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 00:42:23 +1000, David Langley <del@ancc.com.au>
wrote:

>> 6th July 1857 actually (VR to '62 page 36).
>
>Try 27 July 1857. Don't believe everything you read in VR to '62. Quite a few
>dates have since been disproved.

You may well be correct, but what is your source for this date?

>> Half a mile long, it was only ever intended to be a temporary track
>> anyway pending completion of the Williamstown line.
>
>But a closure just the same.

Fair enough, but I disregarded temporary lines because you can also
include some long ballast sidings built during the line's contruction
and dismantled on completion.

>> St. Kilda - Windsor is my bet. "Disused" since October 1862 and
>> dismantled in 1867 (ibid. page 58).
>
>1 October 1862.

Again, your source please? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just want to
find out who your source is.

Les Brown
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to loose.