HFL 420 Update.

Latest HFL 420 news:

Hi guys.

Last Saturday we had another meeting.
In the morning numbers were lite but increased in the afternoon.
A big thanks to those who turned up.

The Ladies Area.

Sanding of the ceiling has commenced in the ladies half of the carriage.
The vent covers in the roof are partly taken down (in the ladies area
only) in order to strip the paint off them and repaint.
The toilets have been started as well.
This was decided as too many people in such a short space can get a bit
...... um.... smelly.
The toilets also are self contained area's that won't impact on other
areas of the carriage.
We need to know what colour schemes were in the toilets? (green and
white?)
Once the sanding is done we can give it a coat of paint.
We are chasing up a source of ceiling white.

The Guards Compartment.

The repair of the guards compartment continues.
Some clips for the gas piping have been found but we still need some
more.
Other fittings for the guards compartment to be acquired and those
people know who they are.
I won't mention names as I will leave someone out for sure.

The electrical stuff.

We got lights! Ok only in the guards compartment but it still lit up.
The excitement got to much for us so we had to disconnect the power.
We are having problems with some missing parts of the electricals.
I have received an E mail from Canberra offering assistance with
electrical diagrams and help.
This email has been forwarded on to our sparkies for further attention.
The batteries need to be serviced. Has anyone got access to distilled
water?
Even though the HFL has not ran since about 1983 there is still a 7.5 V
charge in the batteries!
Woo hoo.

The roof.

We climbed up and checked out the roof which is largely ok except for
some small areas that need attention.
Any one with roof experience wish to volunteer on this one??

The lunchtime meeting.

Members will be happy to know that we solved all of the RTM's problems.
However due to the low turn out we had to defer the items for discussion
until the next meeting,
which is not a problem.

The Web site.

A number of photos were taken so as soon as I can get them developed, I
will put them on the site.

Rgds