> "Fare Evasion Costing Millions"
> http://www.theage.com.au/news/20000325/A29201-2000Mar24.html
>
> Regards
>
> Michael
>
> --
> Michael Kurkowski. / Email: mailto:mk@netstra.com.au
> Rail Enthusiast. / Web: http://www.netstra.com.au/~mk
> Train Chaser. / Telephone: 0416-044-124
> HO Modeller. / ICQ: T333 / 1459118 - Yahoo Pager: VR_T333
>
> ** Don't steal. The government hates competition **

How much did they spend on this "metcard" thingy since the introduction?
I would said the figure should be approaching 1 billion $ if you
included the repairing, salaries for inspectors, loss revenues due to
validators/ticket machine break down etc.

If they scarp it what would they replace the system with?? good old
conductors?

--
Cheers
James