Re: Another hint to scrap Metcard?

> I saw the original newspaper article and thought 'what a pathetic
> bleat'.  12% may be normal for fare evasion worldwide.  There comes a
> point where it is not worth reducing evasion any more: the cost exceeds
> the benefit.

Well look at it this way, that means that 88% of people are not fare
evading, now to me that figure doesn't sound all that bad.  Why not increase
the fine to $500?

Its about time people stop moaning about metcard, as I use the train every
day and have never had a problem with a ticket machine / validator.   About
every couple of wks someone puts up some garbage about metcard and I'm sick
of it, get over it, conductors are gone and they are never coming back.  It
seems that most people have it in for metcard and I'm proud to say I'm not
one of them.  These tickets fit nicely into my wallet, and the 2 hr tickets
never seem to tear now.

It's not the machines fault people will not buy a ticket, it is a problem
with the society.

Regards

Andrew