Re: [NSW] Granville to Strathfield rail upgrading this weekend

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
38DCB2FE.58ACCA27@ozemail.com.au">news:38DCB2FE.58ACCA27@ozemail.com.au...
> Hubert Lam wrote:
>
> > Saw them rip out the down local line track and replace it with the long
overdue continuously welded
> > rail and concrete sleepers.
>
> Um, huh?  The down local line between Strathfield and Granville finishes
at Homebush.

I think Hubert was referring to the "Down Suburban" track, which I seen the
excurvation of the concrete slab underneath the "Down Suburban" track as it
was ripped out near the Bridge Rd overpass midway between Flemington &
Homebush Stations yesterday (25/03/2000).

Any ideas why there is an excurvation of the concrete slab underneath? Is it
related to the ride comfort factor or something else such as Sydney Water
needed access to fix their pipes underneath the "Down Suburban" track?

Thanks - Cheers.
Danny Mok
dan@flex.com.au
FordGhia's Railway & Transport Page