Re: Robina-Coolangatta extension "essential"

> The Silverton Tramway was narrow gauge, and through trains were operated
> from Broken Hill right through to South Australia. Not sure if loco
changes
> were made at the border or if some trains had Silverton locos all the way
> through.
>
> Dave

Thanks for the correction!  :-)

Still, the main point of my posting was that there was a lot of unnesessary
argument over contstructing a cross-border line between NSW & SA, and it
seems that the extension of the Gold Coast line has potential to do the
same.

RODS