Re: Robina-Coolangatta extension "essential"

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 23:39:44 GMT, dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:

>L & D (daisyw@ozemail.com.au) won a Nobel Prize for literature by writing:

>> > ABC Newsradio reports the Queensland government saying the extension of
>> > the railway from Robina to Coolangatta is vital to the future of the GOld
>> > Coast.
>> >
>> > Queensland Transport has released the terms of reference for the EIS into
>> > the Robina - Tugun section, and $200 million for construction will be
>> > allocated in the next state budget.

>So? Most of the passengers on the Murwillimbah XPT are going to/from the
>Gold Coast. Very few travel on to Brisbane. It's much more sensible to
>extend the XPT to Coolangatta than extend the QR narrow gauge to
>Murwillumbah.
>
>Cheers
>David

Local  observations / enquiries from the Gold Coast /  Brisbane area show the bus connections as
usually a Sunstate coach [approx 50+ seat] leaves Roma Street fairly full while another 3 or 4 buses
from Gold Coast so 4 or 5 buses total Sunstate coaches at Murwillumbah.  Same on the northbound leg.

Cheers
Peter
Peter & Susan Cokley
petan @ powerup.com.au
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PicnicPl/petan-oz/
For personal replies to this message, remove NOSPAM from our address to avoid bounced mail.