Re: [MELB] Scrolling station thingy on trains.

Mathew Klock wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering, on a comeng set I saw at flinders st the other day, was
> scrolling through the station destinations and stations like mentone went
> past... Ok, how often does a train terminate at Mentone, in which is on a
> line that has not switches from Cheltenham to Mordialloc??? Can someone
> please explain?

The destination boards on Melbourne's trains have all possible curren
destinations, as well as a few previous and a few future ones. They actually
have "Deer Park West", "Colstream", "Baxter" and some even have "East
Doncaster". It's cheaper to leave destionations on than remove them (I can't
help laughing sometimes when a train comes through my station showing "East
Doncaster")

Sam Eades