[Melb] Reprogrammed Destinations on Z1/Z2 trams

Noticed the other day that the Z1/Z2 trams have a new ROM (or however they
do it) for the dot-matrix destination boards.

Interesting inclusions are:

* Colonial Stadium (this may be the most short-lived destination in
Melbourne now the Commonwealth bank has taken over Colonial)

* Travancore (I wonder how many people would know where this is?)

* Daly St - Moonee Vale (no, not Moonee Valley!)

* All the Grand Prix special gate numbers (alternating with standard
destinations, Camberwell, etc)

* The 5/64 shuttle finally mentions route 5 again, alternating between
"E.Brighton" & "Malvern 5". (Previously the 5 was missing.) I've always
wondered if they could reprogram the route number display to show "5&64) or
"5/64". There are 4 digits available.

* "Prahran" now alternates with "Brighton Rd". Previously it just said
"Prahran". Does anyone know what the history is of this "wrong" destination,
considering Prahran is a couple of km up the road? It really should be
Balaclava. Also, interestingly, Prahran is spelled as "Prahan" on the side
destination boards, but is spelled correctly on the end ones.

Regards,

Mike Alexander
(malex@bigfoot.com)