Re: Disable Loco at Lara

> Tonight while driving home to Lara, at about 7pm 20/3/2000, I noticed an
up (Geelong-Melb) pass sitting at Lara Station with conductor and passengers
off the train, waiting on the platform.
The Loco was N459 with 5 cars attached.

At about 7.10pm N461 with 5 Cars attached, came up slowly behind and hooked
up to the last car on N459's Train. N461's train had been sitting at the
signals near Canterbury Rd. Lara for sometime.

I found out from the conductor on the second train, that N459 was disabled
(No reason was given) and N461 was going to push N459's train to Werribee
siding and then N461 with its 5 car Pass Service  would continue on to
Spencer St.

I am unsure of the train numbers, but I think it could have been the 8242 up
service that was disabled and the 8244 was used to push the 8242 up to
Werribee.

Can someone please confirm my suggestion.

This made an interesting site, as it pulled away from Lara Station.

                                                Regards

                                            Stuart Trevena

email: s_trevena@bigpond.com.au