Re: (aus) Real Time Passenger Counting Trains ??

D&M <ashaman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
eRVA4.51586$3b6.211032@ozemail.com.au">news:eRVA4.51586$3b6.211032@ozemail.com.au...
> Hello all
>
> I was listening to some rail staff, and they mentioned suburban trains
that
> could tell how many people are on them, Something to do with the weight of
> the train. I heard it has something to do with the secondry air
suspension.
> Has anyone heard of such trains in oz or are they only overseas?.
>
> If anyone could point me to some info I would appreciate it.
>

> Regard
>

> Devon
> uwhod2@hotmail.com

Thankyou gentlemen,

But I don't think this system has to do with the braking systems. This does
not relay info into the braking system, it only takes an educated guess on
how many people have joined / alighted a service. It was said the the on
board equipment can relay load info to a base, or store it on board for
downloading. Some UK trains have this system fitted. I shall surf some more
and post info here.

Devon
uwhod2@hotmail.com