Re: Steam speed in Australia

I was on the Cootamundra tour with 3827 - attempting to move through the
train selling icecreams from the buffet. I had to give up when we were
running down Jerrawa bank towards Yass, as the carriages were bouncing
around so much. The top speed which was mentioned by those with stopwatches
over that short stretch was 93mph. The memory is still vivid after 30 years.

Graham Smith

z0KA4.51286$3b6.210043@ozemail.com.au">news:z0KA4.51286$3b6.210043@ozemail.com.au...