Re: Fuel efficiencies of 422s

In fact, when still very new 42203 made one of the great all time diesel
runs in NSW on the return of one of the ARHS 38 Class Cootamundra  tours
when a 38 was failed completely and the 422 ran back from Goulburn  late at
night on the 4 heavyweight cars - one recorder said that it was probably the
fasted ver time from Goulburn to Marulan. It was one of the best diesel
hauled runs I have ever made - in fact it was only several years later that
I managed to travel behind a Deltic in the UK on the ECML at 100 mph for
long distance - and that was exhilarating!

Tony Bailey