Re: Melbourne's grey trams

Brown Family wrote:

> I think the most revolting livery I ever saw was the "Candy Stripe"
> colour scheme used on NSW locos and carriages. Was there anything
> worse than this? Was it a vain attempt at making aging rolling stock
> look more modern?

Candy looked really good on some locos and awful on others.  The 81 class looked
great, the 44 class looked crap.  Box locos looked better than nosed and hooded
locos in candy.  The XPT looked better in candy than blue.

BTW, how can you criticise candy when VLP can't even match the locos to the
carriages!!

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au