Re: INDIAN PACIFIC

In article <38C06C4C.E4FEBA52@smartchat.net.au>,
  casey@smartchat.net.au wrote:
> WHY IS G.S.R.pricing the trip across australia out off the price range
> of aaverage australian holiday makers.
IP, the Ghan are all offer "cruse ship" luxury style service, that's
why they are so expensive, in some case more expensive then airlines.
Plus ARTC's high access charges, GSR does not own loco/driver itself
therefore need to hire drivers and locos from NR, and  Federal/State
governments refuse to subsidie the service.But for my experience, GSR
made the trip well worth the money.

Holiday class and coach class fare are competitive with airline last
time I checked.

>overseas holiday travellers get
> the trip cheaper than the locals .
same with Eurorail pass/Amtrak pass, this is a "promotion" to attract
more tourists.

>Can anyone tell me why the cost off
> accompanied  car from west to east is cheaper than east to west i
think
> it is one big ripp off

Maybe more cars "travel" one way only? so GSR reduce the price for
reverse direction?

--
Cheers

James