Re: [QLD] FreightCorp Proposal

Further thoughts on QR and FreightCorp.

If I own a coal mine, I can't get a rockbottom price from QR, so I talk to
FreightCorp, their price may be better than QR, but even if its higher, I
select them, then either QR is bluffed into going lower and I win, or I give
the contract to FreightCorp which spends lots of money on capital. When the
contract comes up for renewal, they are desperate to renew rather than have
their capital idle, QR are equally keen to put coal into their idle wagons,
rates go even lower.
    This is purely hypothetical, but followers of coal industry will not how
Japan has encouraged opening of more coal mines, get excess capacity in coal
production, owners keen to sell coal, agree to reduced prices...
     John Kerr