Re: [SA]-[VIC] 2000 class railcars

"Sam Eades" <eadess@yahoo.com> wrote in message
395BEBFA.EE52FEE5@yahoo.com">news:395BEBFA.EE52FEE5@yahoo.com...

> 2000 class? What do they look like, anyone got a photo?

A photo (not a very good one though) can be found on the TransAdelaide
website at http://www.transadelaide.sa.gov.au/6/6_5_6.asp - it is about half
way down, just above "Fact File".

They are the very long stainless steel carriages built in the late 70's for
the STA in Adelaide. The drivers cab is raised, and passengers can sit under
the cab on the right hand side facing forward (this seat is always the first
to go - I wonder why). The last time I was on one, it was fairly dirty
inside and needed refurbishment, but this was mainly stuff like filthy
seats, chewing gum on seats, etc. and is nothing that a good clean every day
or so would not have prevented. They are very comfortable cars, IMHO.

> Are they A/C?

Yes, they are air-conditioned.

> Do they have power doors?

Yes.

> When were thay built?

Built by Comeng in the late 70's. I will see if I can find a

> You say 2 sets, anyone know if that's 2 in constant use, or 1 in use, 1
spare.

Probably 1 in use and 1 spare.

Dave