New web site (with working URL)

AUSTRALIAN SOCIETY OF SECTION CAR OPERATORS

PRESS RELEASE

June 30, 2000

“ The Australian Society of Section Car Operators, Incorporated, was
founded late in 1999 to represent its members, and to hold accreditation

as an operator under the Rail Safety Act, 1996.

 In the last eight months, the group has attracted significant interest
from enthusiasts nationally, and today is, as far as can be determined,
the only group representing section car operators for general access to
rail infrastructure.

 Yesterday, a major goal was achieved when the group was advised by
Department of Transport personnel that it had achieved the requirements
of AS 4292-1, and therefore had achieved interim  accredition as an
operator.

 Group Coordinator, Nic Doncaster, noted “this is a significant
milestone for an activity that has been relegated to limited
opportunities for access. It confirms my belief that owners of cars can
operate safely in the railway environment. We look forward to being an
active industry player”.

 “For those who don’t know what we do, a section car is a small railway
vehicle that was used by railway track workers. ASSCO intends to
organise oppportunities for members to run their cars. Section cars were

rendered obsolete when road-rail vehicles were introduced in numbers in
the mid 80’s” he added.

 ASSCO is now working towards access agreements with owners so that its
operations can commence.

 Persons interested in ASSCO’s activities can contact the group via
phone (0418807954), email nldoncas@cobweb.com.au or via their website
http://www.cobweb.com.au/~nldoncas/assco.htm”

Authorised by

Nic Doncaster