Re: [NSW] Plasma Screens operating

Paul McCabe wrote:

> Does anyone know how long the plasma screens at Edgecliff and Kings Cross
> have been operating?  I noticed them operating on 25/6 with an RSA banner
> attached saying "INDICATOR UNDER TEST".
>
> They seemed to be working pretty well, unlike the ones at St James.

My observations from this evening:

Plasma screens operating at Edgecliff, Kings Cross, Martin Place, Museum, St
James & Circular Quay.

The screens at Martin Place have been reprogrammed and now appear identical to
all the others.

All the clocks on all screens appear to be synchronised (finally) and at present
are only about 10 seconds fast.

A countdown to when the next train is due ("Due Out x mins") is provided,
probably linked to the track circuits.  The "Due Out 1 min" disappears exactly
30 seconds prior to the train being due to depart.

None of the trains listed on the screen have their timetabled time listed.  Only
the time until it is due is listed.

There are three train designations:  Express, Limited Stops & All Stops.

These observations are only for the platform indicators.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au