Re: Abt line reopening

The steam locomotive on loan from the Bellarine Peninsula Railway is
KLONDYKE (not Klondike) and was built by Perry Engineering, Sth.Aust. for
the Victorian State Rivers & Water Supply Commision, Hume Weir construction.
It was originally built as an 0-4-0T. It went to the Geelong Steam
Preservation Society (later to become the Bellarine Peninsula Railway) from
the Pioneer sugar mill at Brandon in far north Queensland.The Pioneer Mill
converted the loco to an 0-4-2T.
Regards
David Mewes

8j0ud8$s79$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8j0ud8$s79$1@nnrp1.deja.com...