Re: [Melb] Latest from Swanston trams bulletin board

Darn....route 16 and 8....the most popular route....

Can't they reduce the service on less demanding route rather then popular
route like 8 and 16?

Cheers
James

D. Lindstrom <D_Lindstrom@Bigpond.com> wrote in message
vP%45.7303$c5.17346@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:vP%45.7303$c5.17346@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...

> Service Alterations
>
> W Class trams have been withdrawn from service to investigate safety
> concerns. This means that we have a shortage of trams. Despite a shortage
of
> trams we want to continue to operate as high level of service as possible
> for our customers.
>
> Please note the following changes apply to WEEKDAY SERVICES ONLY.
>
> Temporary Operations
>
> Therefore, Monday to Friday, 7am to 7pm, until further notice, the
following
> shuttle services will operate on routes 16 and 8 between:
>
> ? Route 16 - St.Kilda Beach and St.Kilda Junction.
>
> ? Route 8 - Toorak and Domain and St.Kilda Roads.
>
> Passengers are asked to catch other service trams in Swanston Street and
St