Re: Ararat seeks public's view of planned rail restart

I don't remember whether the overland still stops there, but one train
a day isn't enough (is the melb-bound one the night one or the day one?)

There would be a lot of people wanting to go from ararat to ballarat as
its their nearest major regional centre.

If the Ararat train went along the std gauge it would be hard for even
me to argue that its economically justified to run a reasonable service
frequency. On the other hand, is a train is going to Ballarat, it
requires less impetus in efficiency terms to justify proceeding to
Beaufort and Ararat.

Vaughan

> I don't get it, if you live in Ararat and want to go to Melbourne
there is
> the Overland, (I assume it still takes passengers at Ararat)
>
> Why do they have their hearts set on the BG when they have a
perfectly good
> SG line to Melbourne. I can't imagine there would be very much loading
> between Ararat and Ballarat, at least there wasn't when I was a
fireman at
> Ararat. There is no industry on this line, why on earth reopen it?
>
> They should be lobbying for a more user friendly timetabled SG train

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.