Re: (TGR) L and M class Garratts

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000 21:06:15 GMT, steam@1earth.net wrote:

>The M class was cutting edge technology for its day, unfortinately its
>use of radial axles was its downfall.

Could you please substatiate/explain that, I have not seen any
reference to radial axle problems in this discussion or elsewhere.

I thought the problem was the usual political expediency, easier to
blame the loco, since there were only two of them, than the staff and
management that allowed overspeeding. If there had been a good size
fleet they would have had to learn how to manage them.

Make friends in the hobby.
Keith
Visit <http://home.freeuk.net/grovenor/
Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.