Re: [NSW] Liverpool Level Crossing Smash

"Michael Kurkowski" <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote in message
> glillic@msn.com.au wrote in <OlH35.4716$c5.10405@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>:
>
> >I understand that the female driver had driven on to the level crossing
> >before they activated and got trapped.
>
> That was her own stupid fault. Logic says that a boom gate can activate at
> any time. If you can't make it through, don't even attempt it!
>
> I've seen all sorts of vehicles parked on level crossings, and near misses
> too, and it's disgusting that nothing gets done about it.
>
> Michael

Nearly another similar accident today.

As the Long Lunch Train crossed over the Illawarra Highway at Robertson a
road truck with trailer attached was stationary on the Moss Vale side. The
boom of the level crossing was resting on the load about 2 metres BEHIND the
cab of the truck. Fortunately because of the angle of the road to the rail
line there was still about one metre between the road vehicle and the train.

Geoff Lillico