Re: City Rail addon for Train Dispatcher 2

I had a look (and downloaded the demos) at Track Builder and
Train Despatcher 2 and you can only simulate the track layout
only. I was hoping to re-create some of the signalling schemes
that I've designed in real life using the same signalling
principles. Even though you can make up any track layout, the
signalling system will operate as an American CTC system. The
closest CTC system to Sydney is Dapto. If you were to download
(or create) say Campbelltown, Hornsby, Granville, Glenfield etc,
it would not operate as an Entry/Exit (NX) system as they do.
You have to manually set the points and there is no such thing
as approach clearing, point sequencing etc. I guess I'm a
stickler for authenticity but CTC is really for single lines
with passing loops. Not major junctions. So as a game it's so so
but as a 'simulator', well lets just say....it's a game. However
if someone has managed to re-create the proper signalling system
for the particular area I'd love to see it.

regards Ian
Signal Design Engineer

Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com